Agriculture and nutrition share a common entry point: “food.” Without agriculture there is little food or nutrition. Whether studying the agriculture, or developing the advanced technology, agricultural scientists use their expertise to improve productivity and nutrition and ensure food security. We connect scientists with each other and society as a whole, so they can do their best work and make innovations in the field of agriculture. We publish new research. We develop, recognize and celebrate professional capabilities. We bring people together to spark new ideas and new partnerships. We support academia, growers and industry to inspire future scientists and farmers. We are a catalyst for the agriculture that ensures world food security.
Society for Innovative Agriculture (SIA)
Society for Innovative Agriculture (SIA) promotes agriculture in Pakistan, and provides professional contact within the community of academia, research, services and growers in the agricultural sciences. The Society can be broadly described as:
- A group of individuals who are deeply interested in agricultural research and development.
- Providing mutual support and collective mentorship.
- Recognizing and rewarding excellence at all levels of scientific career development without fear or favour.
- Nurturing the next generation of agricultural scientists.
- Working on behalf of members to enhance their ability to do research and to educate others in agricultural sciences.
- Providing a forum for sharing of knowledge so that the membership can build both the depth and breadth of knowledge of agriculture.